After an already outstanding season, including 13 wins, 10 of which came in WorldTour classed races, Peter Sagan has cemented his spot as the UCI WorldTour number one ranked rider. Having an almost unsurmountable lead going into the final WorldTour race of the season, the title was confirmed after Saturday’s Il Lombardia. The accolade is [...]
Glasgow and Berlin will co-host the inaugural European Championships in August 2018, bringing together the existing championships of seven of Europe’s leading sports into one coordinated, exciting multi-sport event. Aquatics, cycling, gymnastics, golf, rowing and triathlon will be held in Scotland, with the German capital hosting the athletics. The 2018 ...
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) today confirmed that a former athletics coach Dr George Skafidas, has received a lifetime ban from all sport following nine Anti-Doping Rule Violations. Skafidas previously was a UK Athletics licensed coach and ran a training group for young athletes at the Princess Royal Sports Arena in Lincolnshire. The ...
Introduction Recently I had many discussions with some of the athletes I coach concerning the monitor of the intensity during training and races. The majority of the athletes do not accept the fact that there are cases that the Heart Rate (HR) Monitor doesn’t say the truth and that there ...
Jens Voigt has put the Hour Record back into the headlines Thursday evening in Grenchen, Switzerland in front of over 1600 fans at the Velodrome Suisse, setting a new record distance of 51.110 kms to break the 2005 benchmark of 49.700 kms set in 2005 set by Ondrej Sosenka. Jens ...
IAAF the first international sports federation to launch anti-doping app Monaco – The IAAF has launched a web app telling athletes what they need to know about all aspects of the IAAF’s anti-doping programme. The IAAF is the first international sports federation to launch a standalone app with detailed ...
Lars Seier Christensen, CEO of Saxo Bank, and team owner Oleg Tinkov met the press on top of Hautacam arm in arm after Rafal Majka had secured his mountain jersey. Saxo Bank passed on the main sponsorship title to Tinkoff Credit System for this season but both men wish to ...
Arenberg, 9th of July – 2014 Today’s 155 kilometer long fifth stage of Tour de France was beforehand one of the most discussed stages in years due to the cobblestone sections we know from Paris-Roubaix. But more importantly, it was the combination of cobbles and dreadful weather in form of heavy ...
Alberto Contador finished today’s stage without any misfortunes and moved to fifth place in the overall classifications. The captain of Tinkoff-Saxo was happy with the result: “The last days has been nervous with great risk throughout the stages. And today the crosswind was a factor as well forcing us to ...
Wednesday 21 September 2016 British road cycling champion Adam Blythe believes Yorkshire is the perfect place to host the 2019 UCI Road World Championships and would love to see the event take place in his home county. Blythe was born and raised in Sheffield and has raced for a number of the [...]
FAIR PLAY AWARDS RECOGNISE TRUE OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS IN SPORTSMANSHIP THE OLYMPIC GAMES ARE ABOUT MORE THAN THE WIN, THE MEDALS OR THE RECORD-SETTING PERFORMANCES. AT THEIR CORE, THE GAMES ARE ABOUT THE OLYMPIC VALUES OF EXCELLENCE, FRIENDSHIP AND RESPECT. THEY ARE ABOUT FAIR PLAY AND HUMAN SPIRIT. Nobody has epitomised these values more at the Olympic Games [...]
After 2004 there are many cycling TT and Triathlon non drafting races that are organized at the 2004 Olympic Rowing Center. There is a 5kms asphalt road next to the rowing FOP (Field of Play). We will try to describe brifley the main characteristics of this cycling course: Windy It’s extremely windy location with the [...]
Most of the road cyclists are a little bit confused as far as bike fitting is concerned. We have made an effort to describe shortly the history of bike fitting. It’s important to be noticed that some athletes and coaches were – and continue to be- ahead of their times but we describe the [...]
I notice many triathletes and road cyclists fail to reach their Cycling Time Trials goals although they are doing a lot of training. So they become frustrated and disappointed and more than anything they don’t know how to face the situation. I believe that the following points could change your attitude towards Cycling Time [...]
Road cyclists intend to spend money in anything that could help them become better athletes. Unfortunately this is not the case for their cooperation with a sport lab. We have tried to identify the main reasons why cyclists don’t consider it necessary for their progress to work in a permanent base with a sport [...]
British rider Ben Swift has signed a new two-year contract with Team Sky, keeping him with the team until the end of 2016. The 26-year-old Yorkshireman has been a valued member of Team Sky since they began in 2010, achieving 11 victories and racing in five Grand Tours over that period. Swift made [...]
Andy Schleck has successfully undergone surgery in the Crossklinik in Basel, Switzerland. An MRI scan prior to the operation provided pictures of the right knee allowing the doctors to confirm the diagnosis of the team doctor. Andy Schleck’s knee is severely damaged: there are partial ruptures in the collateral and cruciate ligaments, the meniscus is [...]
Corinne Abraham European Champion in Ironman Frankfurt Germany; Ronnie Schildknecht 4th Corinne Abraham of the Uplace-BMC Pro Triathlon Team has won today’s Ironman Germany, which is also the European Championship. It is her second full Ironman victory after her last year’s win in Melbourne. Clocking in at 08:52:40, Corinne Abraham edged out comfortably Liz [...]
Tinkoff-Saxo has selected the nine riders for Tour de France 2014 after a thorough phase of decision. The team that will head out with the clear ambition of winning Tour de France is: Alberto Contador, Michael Rogers, Nicolas Roche, Rafal Majka, Jesús Hernandez, Sergio Paulinho, Daniele Bennati, Matteo Tosatto, Michael Mørkøv. The team [...]
Fränk Schleck wins Luxembourg Championships Fränk Schleck capped off great teamwork by Trek Factory Racing to win his first National Championship since 2011, his fifth total, as he soloed to a last lap win in Luxembourg on Sunday. Trek Factory Racing also claimed four of the top five spots with Andy Schleck finishing in third, [...]
- Όλα για τo μαραθώνιο : Παρουσίαση του Sub 2 project (Τετάρτη 8 Νοεμβρίου- 19:00 στο Κέντρο Πολιτισμού του Ιδρύματος Σ Νιάρχος) November 2, 2017
- Οδηγίες της Ελληνικής Αστυνομίας για όσους κινούνται με ποδήλατο August 22, 2017
- Τεστοστερόνη July 19, 2017
- “Γεννήθηκε” μια νέα επαγγελματική ομάδα, ορεινής ποδηλασίας, η CUBE DEPENDsports June 28, 2017
- Άσκηση σε θερμά κλίματα (Μέρος Β’) : Απλές οδηγίες για αθλητές, γονείς, προπονητές, κριτές και διοργανωτές αγώνων June 28, 2017
- Ποδηλασία σε θερμά κλίματα June 27, 2017
- Βελτιστοποιώντας τη σχέση προπονητή – αθλητή June 22, 2017
- Αλλαγές στους Ολυμπιακούς του Τόκιο με 18 μικτά αγωνίσματα June 15, 2017
- Λειτουργική Διαχείριση Τραυματισμών σε Αθλητές και Ασκούμενους June 1, 2017
- Αντιθετική Προπόνηση Δύναμης στον Αγωνιστικό Αθλητισμό May 17, 2017
- Ναι Μπορείς! April 25, 2017
- 24ος Ποδηλατικός Γύρος Αθήνας April 12, 2017
- Kalamos Multisports Festival 2017: Κυριακή 23 Απριλίου 2017 (Κολύμβηση, Ποδηλασία & Τρέξιμο) April 3, 2017
- Αθλητική Ψυχολογία: Διαχείριση άγχους March 19, 2017
- Bike Challenge Tour 2017 March 1, 2017
- Γαλακτικό Οξύ February 18, 2017
- Όταν το τρίαθλο συναντά τον σπορ χαρακτήρα της GLC Coupé στην Α. Ισμαήλος Α.Ε. February 16, 2017
- «Προπονώ την ψυχολογία μου & πιάνω τις δυνατότητες μου» February 16, 2017
- The Moment is coming February 9, 2017
- O Σπύρος Καπράλος επανεξελέγη Πρόεδρος της Ελληνικής Ολυμπιακής Επιτροπής February 7, 2017
- Το XTERRA Greece Championship 2017, για 2η χρονιά στο Δήμο Βάρης Βούλας Βουλιαγμένης February 1, 2017
- Ποδηλασία: Βραβεύσεις Κορυφαίων January 30, 2017
- PharmaNasal January 30, 2017
- 2nd TRIMORE Syros Triathlon 2017 January 26, 2017
- Σχεδιασμός Προπόνησης (Μέρος Β’) : Περιοδικότητα προπόνησης January 25, 2017
- Ελληνική Πρωτοβουλία – Συνεργασία με το Ίδρυμα Α.Γ. Λεβέντη για την υποστήριξη Ελλήνων αθλητών January 4, 2017
- Σχεδιασμός προπόνησης (μέρος Α’) January 1, 2017
- Παρασκευή 11 Νοεμβρίου, Κέντρο Πολιτισμού Ίδρυμα Σταύρος Νιάρχος:Εργαστήριο Αξιολόγησης και Παρακολούθησης της Προετοιμασίας του Αθλητή November 9, 2016
- Υπερπροπόνηση November 1, 2016
- Φορμάρισμα για την ποδηλασία, το μαραθώνιο και τα υπόλοιπα αθλήματα αντοχής October 15, 2016